In line with the latest government guidelines, restrictions on wearing a face covering and observing social distancing rules are lifting from Monday 19th July 2021. However COVID-19 has not gone away and we need to continue to act carefully and remain cautious. We also appreciate that volunteers may wish to continue to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing and you are welcome to do so.
We ask that groups adhere to the following advice when undertaking task days on site:
- It is personal choice as to whether to maintain social distance and we request that you respect the views of others attending the task day.
- If close contact is required for a particular task, please wear a face mask.
- Regular hand washing should be maintained, and Medway Council will continue to provide hand sanitiser to groups for use on task days.
- We request that any shared equipment is cleaned between use.
- The first aid during COVID-19 advice has now been removed. Please revert to pre-COVID first aid advice.
- Groups should continue to hold contact details of all attending for 14 days and attendees should notify the task leader if they test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after the task day.
- We advise that you should continue to take COVID-19 tests twice a week to protect yourself and others.
- Please do not attend a task day if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
As usual, Medway Council will require notification from Task Leaders of all activities planned and task specific method statements and risk assessments for approval a minimum of 1 week before the proposed task date (ideally more if possible). Please note when completing your task documents, to consider the additional elements that will need to be discussed in the pre-task talk with volunteers on site.
Please note that Marion Phillips, Greenspace Partnership Officer, can be contacted for support if you are thinking of planning a greenspace activity or with any questions about the above procedures.