This route is Walk, Cycle ( Shared pathways ) and pushchair friendly.
- Location: Chatham/Gillingham Borders
- Estimated time: Between 1 and 2 hours
- Full Defensive Heritage Trail – Approx. 4 miles
- Dockyard to Royal Engineers Museum – 2 miles
- Medway Park to St Barbaras garrison church* – 2 miles
(*traffic free if you return via same route to Medway Park)
- Exploring Fort Amherst – 500 metres
- Route includes a treasure trail with up to 15 points of interest to find on your travels:
You can also explore Chatham’s Rich Maritime Heritage via the Dockyard Discovery Trail app which is available for Apple and Android devices – simply search for Chatham Trail in your app store.