What do greenspace volunteers or Friends groups do?
- Volunteer groups are almost completely based around hands on practical tasks on site such as planting or litter picking.
- They may be based at one site or roaming.
- Groups are either self-led (with a strong input from Medway Council) or led by a Countryside Ranger.
Friends of Groups
- Friends of groups are independent community groups who work in partnership with Medway Council to maintain, improve and promote their greenspace.
- Friends groups provide a forum for discussing views about the park and shaping its future and can undertake a variety of activities from practical tasks within the park to organising events and activities and fundraising.
For more information on Volunteering or joining your local Friends of Group, do please contact us.