The government last night issued new guidance on going outside – from today, people are allowed to spend more time outdoors.
- They will be able to go to parks and beaches to sunbathe, have a picnic and go fishing
- Outdoor sports courts can reopen, including tennis and basketball courts as well as golf courses
- People will also be able to see one person from another household, as long as they follow social distance guidance
- This follows scientific advice that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside
- All of the new regulations are subject to social distancing rules
Other guidance has been issued for other areas including construction and other outside work, factories, labs, offices and contact centres, other people’s homes, takeaways, shops and vehicles.