As we approach the end of October, we will all begin the see the trees in our parks and woodlands put on their beautiful autumn display. Sometimes dramatic, sometimes subtle, but each tree adds to create a fantastic kaleidoscopic backdrop to our walks in the park as we hunt for conkers or chestnuts.
Everyone has their favourite tree when it comes to autumn colour. Here are some of the favourites of our team, with each one can being found in many parks, streets or greenspaces in Medway:
- Scarlet Oak (Quericus coccinea)
- Sweet Gum (Liquidambar styraciflua)
- Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus)
- Maidenhair tree (Ginko biloba)
- Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum)
- Lime tree (tilia cordata)
Of course, we would love to see pictures of your favourite trees this autumn. You can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them to our gallery.