Towards Plastic Free Medway (TPFM) came together one year ago and have been working away since then and behind the scenes during lockdown, calling upon all to use less plastic.
“We aim to achieve the prestigious award of Plastic Free Community for all of Medway, as awarded by our national group, Surfers Against Sewage.
On 22nd August, TPFM are launching The Great 50/50 – 50 visits in 50 weeks to say No to plastic. Visiting different parts of Medway, promoting the work of reducing single-use plastic on every level, by consumers, businesses, and organisations of every kind.
On Saturday 22nd August, the first visit will be to Fenn Bell Conservation Project’s Zoo Do, at Fenn Bell Zoo, St Mary Hoo – tickets have to be bought in advance as there will be none on the door due to COVID-19 restrictions). This is a charity event to promote the zoo conservation project, and various wildlife charities – and TPFM!
From there, TPFM are looking for 49 more venues to visit – watch this space as they pop up all over Medway! Click on a numbered pin on the map for full details:
- Would you like to host a visit from TPFM to your part of Medway, to see a flag on the map where you live, or work, or where your organisation meets?
- Are you part of a group, organisation, club, place of worship that would like to join us as allies?
- All sorts of people, all ages welcome.
- No organisation too small or too new – all you need is an interest in protecting the environment for future generations.
- Do you know a local independent business that would like to gain one of our plastic champion awards?
You can be a part of the campaign to make Medway marvellous and plastic-free.
For more details contact the MUGs Forum.